Frame & Frequency is an ongoing International Video and Sound Art Exchange program presented concurrently at VisArts in our In(Site) Project Gallery in Rockville, MD and at PLECTO Galeria in Medellín, Colombia, opening December 7, 2018.
Video, sound art (up to 8 channels), film, and new media work will be accepted: experimental, documentary, animation, narrative, non-narrative, multimedia, virtual reality, augmented reality, net art, interactive media, etc.
All foreign language moving image artworks must have English subtitles.
Deadline for submissions is November 28, 2018
- Video/Sound Art: You may submit up to 3 works. Videos must be in .mp4 file format. Maximum length of 15 minutes. Sound Art files can be either.mp3 or .wav format. Upload files below through our online platform or provide Vimeo links for video previews.
- Images: Submit one still image for each video work. Images should be 300 dpi and must be .jpg, .tiff, or .png file format. Images should be 300 dpi with a minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Maximum file size 5MB per image.
- List of Works Form: Numbered list of artworks with the following information: artist name, title of artwork, year, dimensions, a description of artwork is optional.
- Artist Bio (100 word max.)
- Artist Statement (100 words max.)
- $5 application fee
Transforming individuals and communities through the visual arts. From our beginning in 1987 as Rockville Arts Place operating in a converted garage to our current contemporary, state of the art facility in Rockville Town Square, VisArts has served local residents, students, art lovers, professional artists and others with an interest in the arts. Each year, VisArts welcomes more than 30,000 visitors through our doors to visit one of our four galleries, observe our studio artists on our second floor Artist Concourse, or to participate in art education classes, camp programs, and special events in our Buchanan Room.
For previous projects please visit:
Frame & Frequency 3 Vol. I
Frame & Frequency 3 Vol. II
Frame & Frequency 4 Vol. I