· Developing budgets for executing exhibitions and exhibition
· Developing sponsorship/fundraising initiatives to support the
· Overseeing exhibition design and installation; and,
· Developing marketing and public relations materials - press releases,
website presence, social networking and print media supporting the exhibition. The VisArts
Emerging Curator Program
emerging curators with practical, hands-on experience at a community arts
organization. It is designed to support diverse exhibitions presenting a broad
spectrum of ideas and curatorial approaches. In addition, it enhances the VisArts exhibition experience by developing
educational opportunities, public programming and opportunities for community
engagement through expanded
use of interactive interpretive media in its
gallery program. Application:
Applicants do not need to have a fully realized
curatorial proposal. This will be developed with the support and guidance of
the mentoring curator and the VisArts Gallery Department. To apply
: Click here Applicants
must supply the following
1. Application form
3. Evidence of past curatorial projects:
· Up to 10 still images
· Up to 5 minutes of Audio Tracks (We accept: URL addresses, Soundclouds,
or Playable DVDs posted to VisArts.)
· List of images with artist name, title, year, medium, and descriptive
· Supporting PDF documents
4. A statement that addresses the following:
· What makes presenting an exhibition in a non-profit community arts center with the guidance of a mentor an ideal opportunity?
· What do you consider your curatorial intentions?
· How do you envision enriching the audience experience? How would you
engage the community? What sorts of programming and content delivery would you
like to see paired with exhibitions?
· What do you hope to achieve with this exhibition and mentoring program?
Why would this program be an excellent fit for you?
deadline: December 15, 2017
Notified: December 22, 2017
Interviews: January 4, 5, 2018
Curator Notified: January 12, 2018
of Program: January – December 2018 (Detailed Schedule TBD)
Curator Exhibition: October 26 – December 2,
Curator Exhibition: May 23 – July 1, 2018